I have been working with version 4.0 of XtremIO. This version of XtremIO has an updated REST API which provides a bunch of new functionality. The MTSXtremIO PowerShell Module provides PowerShell management of the EMC XtremIO storage array.
This new version of the REST API includes new performance features, new snapshot functionality, and many new objects. I have updated the MTSXtremIO PowerShell module for XtremIO to support the new API and functionality. The current version of the XtremIO PowerShell module contains 85 cmdlets for working with XtremIO.
The first four Cmdlets are to setup a connection to the XtremIO XMS, which is how you connect to the REST API. One XMS can manage multiple XtremIO clusters.
There are 41 get Cmdlets to retrieve various XtremIO objects.
There are 11 Cmdlets for creating XtremIO objects.
There are 13 Cmdlets for removing XtremIO objects.
There are 16 Cmdlets for changing various XtremIO objects.
This provides a good basic set of functionality and coverage over 100% of the API. There are still many improvements to be made but this provides a good base set of functionality. There are some items which are at the top of the list to address such as;
- Improvements in pipeline support across functions. One known issue that exists with the cmdlets is the ability to pipe the output of a get into a set. There is currently a problem with the set cmdlet using property name as input correctly.
- Complete multiple cluster support across all functions
- Implement ShouldProcess in all new, set, remove functionality.
Other items on roadmap or under consideration
- Complete Get-XIOPerformance function. This function only provides very raw object output and has an incomplete implementation.
- Implement use of certificate based authentication
- Test use of server certificates on XMS
- Add informational output objects on new, set, and remove functions
- Implement additional error handling to include informational messages
Get the latest version of the MTSXtremIO XtremIO PowerShell Module . I will work on pipeline improvements, multiple cluster support, and support for should process next. These items will provide a solid foundation for the module functionality. I also have a fair amount of help to complete. Please let me know what other items are missing and where things can be improved.